None of us like to think of anybody spending Christmas Day alone.
If you know of any activities happening on Christmas Day at your church or in your community, let us know and we will publicise them on our Premier Christian Radio afternoon show, Premier Drive.
- The Cummin’ Up Caribbean restaurant in Catford, London is offering a free meal and entertainment to ALL on Christmas Day from 1pm until 6pm offering turkey, roast potatoes, brussell sprouts, jerk chicken, rice and peas. It’s the sixth year of doing this, bless you all! Tel: 02086909167.
- Haven Green Baptist Church, Ealing is holding a morning family service. At least some cake, possibly other refreshments, and there’s likely to be a small lucky dip for children!
- Come join us for Christmas Day lunch at HTB Onslow Square. We serve a varied lunch, included a vegetarian option. The lunch will finish with the Queen's speech. Please email us to book your seat at email@example.com.
- St Mary’s Church in Greenhithe in Dartford, Kent are providing a free Christmas lunch on Christmas Day for anyone who may be alone or anyone who would love to come and join us. Contact the church office for more info and to sign up on 01322 382031.
- St Philip & St James Church, Chatham, Kent - anyone is welcome to join us for a traditional dinner on Christmas Day. Transport may also be available. Please let us know if you'd like to join us by calling the Church office on 01634 681671 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Churches Together in the Great Missenden area are holding their event at Great Missenden Baptist Church, a Christmas dinner for people who are likely to be on their own, 12.30pm for 1pm. Lunch followed by entertainment and carols, with Queens Speech at 3pm. Transport provided locally. No charge.
- The Link Coffee Shop and the Methodist Church, Hailsham, East Sussex - events are being held at the link café and also at the Methodist church (you must book!).
- At St John the Baptist in Windlesham they are looking to provide Christmas Day lunch to members of their community. To either attend or volunteer please contact Ann on 01276489408.
- On Christmas Day a community lunch is being planned in Bisley Village Hall. This is the first year this event is being co-ordinated so booking is necessary and there are opportunities for volunteers too! Telephone Sally Hounsham on 07788490608 or email email@example.com.
- Ewhurst are again holding their normal Christmas Day lunch at the Baptist Church for everyone in the village. Interested parties can make contact through their website www.ewhurstbaptistchurch.org.uk or call Rev Simon Boddington on 01483 267878.
- Churches Together in Godalming for many years has organised a Christmas Day lunch for people who would otherwise spend the day on their own and it has proved very popular. Transport assistance may be possible for Godalming residents. After lunch there is entertainment and everyone is given a small gift. Volunteers are needed for a variety of roles, preparing food and setting tables on Christmas Eve, providing transport on Christmas Day, helping in the kitchen with serving and washing up, hosting on the day, providing entertainment and to clear away afterwards. Church Office tel: 01483 422105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Haslemere Churches warmly welcome you to join the festivities at Haslewey Community Centre, Haslemere on Christmas Day for a delicious lunch with all the trimmings! The lunch is free to guests who would otherwise be on their own, whatever age or circumstances. Transport to Haslewey for guests can be arranged if needed. To reserve a place please contact Jo Long or Hilary Owen on 01428 658190 or email email@example.com.
- Local guests are welcomed to a traditional Christmas Day lunch at 1pm with all the trimmings. Transport is provided if required and there is no charge. To book a place please call Mariola Boyd on 01252 716785 or Michael McDonnell on 01252 712600. Volunteers: a special request for drivers and for people to help in the kitchen, welcome guests, serve lunch or clear up after lunch. On Christmas Eve - people to help lay tables and set up. To volunteer please phone Jo Rendall on 01252 737162. More information can be found via: www.churchestogetherinfarnham.org.uk
- There will be a lunch for lonely, single, disadvantaged families on Christmas Day in Fetcham Village Hall. The Hall will be open from 10.30am to 4pm with the usual Christmas Dinner at 12.30pm. Over the past few years there have been about 90 to 100 there. Volunteers are always needed either: Christmas Eve in the Hall to prepare vegetables and put out tables, or on Christmas Day socialising with those present, serving food, clearing up etc. In the past this has been run by an organisation called Pitstop, but this year it is being co-ordinated by Graham Peddie on 01372 373803.
- Aldershot Baptist Church are organising a lunch on Christmas Day, to provide food and company for anyone who would otherwise be on their own. It is aimed at the homeless, vulnerably housed and socially isolated people in their community. Bookings via The Vine Day Centre on 01252 400196.
- St Andrew's, Cobham are holding their first lunch on Christmas Day in the Hall at Church Gate House for those in the community who would otherwise be on their own. For further details please contact the Parish Office Enquiries via their Parish Office Elaine Bray on 01932 867883.
- St Mary's, East Molesey are inviting local people, who are going to be alone in their parish, to join a family in their congregation for Christmas dinner. There may possibly be a meal in their church buildings, but please check and register interest. Any volunteers very welcome, contact the organisers if you are interested in helping email firstname.lastname@example.org. St Mary's Church, St Mary's Road, East Molesey, KT8 0ST.
- Guildford Emmanuel Church are planning to hold their Open House on Christmas Day after the morning Christmas Day service (please check with the Parish Office to confirm this) which is free. The idea being for internationals who are without families here, single or married, of any religion or none to have the space to relax together in the extended space of the old church for food, toys, craft, music , dancing...whatever! This is NOT a traditional Christmas get together in terms of Christmas food. What we offer is time and space for people to relax together and enjoy simple food. They are open for anyone of any age, background and nationality to drop in. The Parish Office tel: 01483 561603 and email email@example.com.
- St. Peter’s in Ash hosts a Christmas lunch on Christmas Day every year. They cater for between 30-40 local people who will be spending Christmas on their own. Parish Office tel: 01252 331161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Churches Together in Ewell are holding a Christmas Day lunch – this year based at Ewell United Reformed Church – for people who would otherwise be alone on Christmas Day. This very successful event has been running for many years and is coordinated by Steve Lee (tel: 020 8393 4116).
- The United Church of St Mark (Tattenham Corner) together with Banstead Methodist Church organise a Christmas Day lunch for anyone who would otherwise be alone. It is staffed by volunteers principally from the two churches but also others in the community who would like to help. It is a happy occasion with entertainment, games and of course a super Christmas lunch with around 50 enjoying the day. Our guests are transported from their home to Banstead Church for the Christmas morning service. Then afterwards we move into the festively decorated church hall for the entertainment and lunch. After the Queen’s speech, they are transported home with a small gift and a packed tea. We would be keen to hear from anyone with a gift as an entertainer to keep the atmosphere jolly between the service and lunch. As always a particular need is to help transport our guests to and from the church. Call Janet Willock on 01737 353138.
- Epsom Methodist Church are hosting a Christmas Day lunch from 12 – 4pm for those who might otherwise be on their own on Christmas Day. There is no charge for this lunch and transport will be provided if necessary. If you are interested or know of anyone who may be can you please contact the office at EMC (01372 738535) If anyone would like to help out at this lunch either in the kitchen or as hosts then please contact Tony Blakeburn 0208 3942618 (H), 07722617826 (Mob) or email: email@example.com.
- Addlestone Salvation Army Christmas Day lunch. St Paul's Church Addlestone, School Lane, Addlestone, KT15 1TB. Contact Ian Loxley on 07726 580034.
- Englefield Green Englefield Green Village Centre café invite villiagers to join them for a free Christmas lunch at the village centre. Would you like to volunteer on Christmas Day? If you have any gifts you could donate too, please drop them off to the Centre. Speak to Jayne for more information about all of the above on 01784 471110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Egham St John's Church will be opening "The Kitchen" during the Christmas week ie: 22nd to 27th Dec. The Kitchen is located at Virginia Lodge, Station Road, Egham (opposite the Station) and they will be open from 10 to 2pm (possibly later depending on need) on the Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Sat. Hot drinks and a hot meal/snack will be served on those days. They will also be open for lunch on Christmas Day and Boxing Day & they can arrange transport for guests who wish to join them on Christmas and Boxing Day. A traditional lunch on Christmas Day and a hot meal on Boxing Day are served. Please contact Lesley if you are interested in volunteering. Email: email@example.com 39 High Street, Egham. www.stjohnsegham.com.
- Esther Watson-Green is arranging a hot Christmas lunch for 70-80 people at Byfleet Village Hall from 12.30 to 3pm. Esther Watson-Green tel: 01932 351986 Byfleet Village Hall, 54 High Rd, Byfleet, KT14 7QL.
- Dorking Christian Centre and St Martin’s Church hold a Christmas day lunch and entertainment for those living locally. The day itself is run by volunteers who cook, serve and entertain. On average they help 40 – 50 people who would otherwise be on their own. Janette tel: 01306 886830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Dorking Christian Centre, Church St, Dorking RH4 1DW www.dorkingchristiancentre.org.uk
- Ashtead Please contact the Church if you are/ know someone who might be lonely or alone over Christmas, they are very happy to arrange for someone to be invited to a local family home to share Christmas. The person will need to be an Ashtead resident etc. Sharon.Seal@ashteadparish.org Tel: 01372 813200 St Georges, Ashtead, KT1 2DA.
- Southfield Church, Nailsea, Bristol. Lunch at 1.30pm in the lower hall (you must book!).
- Bath Churches are holding an event at Kingswood School, Bath. This annual event is for those who spend Christmas Day alone. Social care agencies, welfare organisations, churches, doctors' surgeries are invited to identify people who shouldn't be alone. For a free ticket call 01225 858488.
- The Minster Church of St Andrew, Plymouth, Devon. There is a Family Service at 10am followed by coffee and lunch at 12noon. The meal is being cooked by The Minster Maids who each month invite folk to a lunch or a tea. The meal will be in the Abbey Hall adjacent to the church.
- St. Peter's, Ruddington, Nottingham. Happy Birthday Jesus Celebration at 10am.
- Market Harborough Congregational Church is holding an event with the Salvation Army. Home Alone on Christmas Day? Please don't be. We'd love you to share it with us. Free event with transport provided where needed. Christmas lunch with all the trimmings, boxed tea and gift, entertainment and great people. 11.30am til 4pm. All ages and persuasions welcome.
- Zion City Tabernacle Church, Wolverhampton. Anyone who is spending Christmas alone, please visit us at Zion City Tabernacle church. we will be serving a free meal between the hours of 12-3pm. This is free meal anyone who is feeling lonely at this time of year, destitute, have no family or friends and would like some good company. Please contact us to book a place, or email us on the website.
- Boston 61st Corps of The Salvation Army, Boston, Lincolnshire. Christmas Day service and then a meal for those who might be alone or homeless.
- St Peter's Baptist Church, Worcester. A Christmas meal after the 10am Christmas celebration on Christmas Day.
East of England
- All Saints' Church, Mundesley, Norfolk. A free, full three-course meal for anyone local who will be alone at Christmas, culminating with the Queen's speech at 3pm. Transport can be arranged. Please let us know if you would like to attend. Please phone Harry Hicks (01263 722757) or Mike Mardon (01263 720852). The costs have been met by contributions and businesses locally (and special thanks to the greengrocer and the butcher in Mundesley!), and by Waitrose in North Walsham.
- Dunoon Baptist Church, Argyllshire, Scotland. Meet for coffee, carols, & mince pies on Christmas Day 11am in Seasons Coffee House (below Church) then lunch 1pm all welcome.