A Star is arguably one of 2014's strongest breakthrough acts when it comes to positive and inspirational urban music. His hit single 'DFMB' is still doing the rounds and is anthem of the year for many. We caught up with him for 5 minutes to try and get an idea of the man behind the music.
1. Favourite Song At The Moment? Jessica Reedy - Better
2. Worst Habit? Chewing bottle lids and saying the word 'dope'.
3. One Thing You'd Change In The World? I would make Grime music known worldwide.
4. Favourite Gospel Artist? A French singer called Nestor David.
5. Favourite Film? Coming to America
6. Favourite Bible Verse? But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
7. Most Embarrassing Moment? Sitting on my sofa trying to fart and trying a bit too hard. The rest is rated PG.
8. Proudest Moment? Winning my first music award for my single DFMB. I won a GMIA award for best Hip-Hop video.
9. Funniest Joke? Two peanuts walked into a Nigerian bar. One was assaulted (a salted). Dreams please!
10. Biggest Fear? Not being the best example I can be to my siblings and the young people around me.
Check out A Star's breakthrough single 'DFMB'.